Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cricket Match

Being an avid cricket fan I still had not seen any match in the stadium, be it domestic or international. I came to know that a Ranji match is being played between Maharshtra and Uttar Pradesh at the Poona club. Obviously I did not want to miss the oppurtunity, so I grabbed my camera and set along with my friend Sagar. We were wondering whether we can get an entry or not. But luck was our way and the entry was hassle free and free too! We entered the ground and saw that a bowler was taking his run up, It did not take much time to recognize the bowler, he was R.P.Singh who has represented India in many International matches. I wasted no time and took out my camera. It was also my debut in sports photography and I also was eager to try my new telephoto lens here (I thanked papa for buying me one). The next over was by Piyush Chawla, a talented new leg spinner. We then scanned the field and could identify Mohd Kaif, Suresh Raina and Praveen Kumar.



The UP team was playing with five international players but Maharashtra had none. Still Maharahtra were leading in the match. We stayed there until UP started to bat and witnessed some fireworks from Praveen Kumar.



At 16:45 the day was called off and we left the ground. It was indeed a treat to the eyes for me watching these players play right in front of me.




For more photos please follow the link below:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mhamu3/Cricket?feat=directlink

1 comment:

  1. Nice... your blog is becoming like a photo-story book.. :)

    ReplyDelete