Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wildlife inside the University of Pune Campus



The University campus is a good place inside the city where you can have a good time in the company of trees, birds, and insects. Today while going to the department took my camera along with me. I had decided to click some shots in random. As the day progressed and lunch time was near my tummy rumbled and i felt the need for food. So along with friends I started the short trip from the department to the canteen. On the way Hershal saw a 'common warbler' and i shot it!! (From my camera).

We then proceeded for lunch. While eating the not so tasty peas pulav Hershal and Pankaj promised to show me some really big spiders in the Alice garden. I was more than excited. So after having lunch we went to the garden and there they were huge spiders of palm length. I had not seen such spiders in my life. I wasted no time and got out my camera and shot them too!!

The trip to the university with the camera was successful. Spotted some birds like 'magpie robin, cuckoo, redvented bulbul and Great Cormorant'.
Thankyou Pankaj and Hershal for showing me around.

For more pictures please click the following link. http://picasaweb.google.com/mhamu3/WildlifeInsideUniversityOfPuneCampus?feat=directlink

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your blog.,.. liked your kavdi trip description as well....

    one small correction here,.. it is a 'common babbler' not warbler... i am still in no position to id the mysterious warblers

    ReplyDelete