Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bird Watching at Kavdi

Finally i got smitten by the birdwatching bug.. Thanks to my dear friend Hershel Pandya who is a bird fan himself. Winter is spreading its wings over Pune. We had heard that there is this place called 'kavdipat' near Hadapsar which is a heaven for bird lovers. I had recently got a new telephoto lens 'sigma 70-300mm' and was eager to click some birds.
So a on a fine sunday morning of 22nd November,09 we decided to give kavdi a visit.
We started around 6:30am from my home at camp. We reached kavdi 20min later. We were greeted by the rising sun on our arrival. The place was serene and quiet with birds everywhere. My bird watcher friend was very pleased and was surprised to find such a place so near to the city. I started clicking right away and my first shot was a beautiful 'Grey Wagtail' sitting quietly on the ground posing for the camera.

Grey Wagtail

Then i continued clicking more birds and Hershel identified birds for me. Next was a White breasted Kingfisher. I like KFs the most. So getting a good photo of my little hero was a must.


The White Breasted Kingfisher

We continued our spotting and i also got a few shots of birds in flight. My favorite amongst them is that of the 'Cattle Egret'


Cattle Egret in Flight

Many photographers and bird enthusiast later joined us. After spending a good 3hrs we finally decided to leave around 10. Bidding goodbye to our avian friends. We would definitely keep coming back to the place to enjoy company of our friends. You start loving them when you spent some time with them.

For more photos please follow the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomukul/sets/72157622751165435/

3 comments:

  1. Hey good one... :) Next time you we will join you...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chked the photgraps on flickr link too. Sahi jagah hai :)

    ReplyDelete