Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Secret Lake


After reading about a "Secret Lake" in a blog by a friend, I decided to give this place a visit and re-discover it by myself. This place as the locals called as "panjhari" is situated in the laps of the sahyadri mountains, near the Tamhini ghat. The lake is surrounded by mighty hills on three sides and a deep valley on the remaining one. Since long I was looking for such a place, here you can experience the joy of being close to the nature, no disturbances whatsoever. There is everything you want water, mountains, valley, forest, grasslands, all in one place.
Experiencing such a wonderful spectacle the words of the poetess Carrie Latet come to my mind:
Watching clouds roll by

on a sunny day

Who needs church?
Nature is divine.








This is my friend Sagar who accompanied me for the drive.


This place is around 80 kms from the city of Pune. We made a biking trip on my Discover 110cc. Posting for the first time me and my companion on the roads.(Thanks Sagar fo the pic)


3 comments:

  1. khoop chhan mukul.. (tuza photo pan bhari alay :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. sahi hai... one suggestion -> remove the way to the secret lake from your article. ur foto is also cool !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou abhi and hershal..
    @hershal: removed the directions.. the lake remains secret!!

    ReplyDelete